Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Noodle Kugel
While I was making my traditional rum-soaked apricot noodle kugel this year, I was inspired to jump onto the pumpkin spice band wagon.
Since you can never have enough kugel this time of year, I made both. Enjoy!
- 12 oz wide egg noodles
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (2 bars)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray a 9″x13″ pan.
- Cook the noodles until al dente and drain thoroughly.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer and large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until completely incorporated.
- Add the sour cream, eggs, and salt.
- Mix thoroughly, then add the pumpkin, melted butter and spices.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the noodles, mixing together with a large spoon.
- Pour into the prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for an hour.
- Cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!