Recipe: Kuku Quick
- 4 cups of mixed herbs (usually chives, parsley, dill)
- 6 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon shwarma seasoning
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 375.
- Heat oil in an oven proof pan like your favorite cast iron.
- Pulse herbs in the food processor, stems, too! Place in bowl, add seasoning, salt, and baking powder.
- Dice onion, and add to warmed pan with the walnuts.
- Sweat the onions until soft, making sure walnuts don’t burn. Add to the herb mixture.
- Whirl the 6 eggs in the food processor, and combine with the herbs.
- Add more oil to your pan, and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
We love it with yogurt or labne, but we have to admit, it’s great with home made buttermilk sauce, too!